Re: /usr/bin/mail

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 03:07:42PM -0900, RVK wrote:
> Hi Chris, Dave:
> Thanks for the help. I was actually wanting to avoid installing exim,
> because I already have an MTA which is qmail, working perfect. But the way
> debian packaging is done, it looks like mailx or other packages which

The completely correct way to do that would be to create a local qmail debian
package.

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html

But you probably don't want to do that.  The almost correct way is
to create a dummy package that satisfies the MTA requirement.

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-equivs

There are also apt-get'able qmail packages.  Here's the line to add to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://smarden.org/pape/Debian woody unofficial

remember to run apt-get update . . . more infromation is available here:

    http://smarden.org/pape/Debian/qmail.html

--
pgp public key http://ubertechnique.com/seth/pgp_key.txt ID: 0x60F9B67A