RE: Linux e-mail set-up

Thanks for the effort.  It didn't work.  I'm using an external US Robotics
(3Com) 56K V90 modem on port com2.  It's not supose to be a winmodem.

I'm using Kde window grafics.  at the root prompt I tried:
setserial-G/dev/modem
I got "no file or commmand"
then:
setserial/dev/modem port 0x3e8 irq4
I got the same message about no such file or command.

Does "G" stand for a drive or general? is the dash ment to signify a space?

thanks again
Jo